New York City, NYResume
I am a product designer with a background in user research and testing, service design, visual design, interaction design, UX design, and product management. In addition to design, I also have considerable experience writing front-end code.
Prior to my career in design, I worked in community development & urban housing policy research. My personal passions outside of design include food, music, basketball, and dabbling in woodworking.
My experiences have helped me develop a wide range of skills in design, technology and product strategy. I intimately understand that my role as designer extends far beyond designing solutions, I seek to deeply understand problems and challenges in order to intentionally design for desired outcomes. Design is a practice I approach with a deep passion, drive and thoughtfulness.
- AmeriCorps - Year of service with the Corporation for National and Community Service
- Lead, Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy - From 2012 to 2014,via a HUD capacity building grant to Habitat for Humanity, I designed and led research initatives focused on finding solutions for revitalizing distressed urban communities in upstate NY. In this role I was responsible for organizing local/regional coalition of public and private organizations to engage in data and strategy sharing to help the NY governors office access how to better alocate financial resources to development in distressed municipalities.
- Experience Designer at Whole Foods Market - Had the opportunity to work on key iniatives including Whole Foods's first ever national brand campaign for which I was helped design the digital experience, service design projects for in store digital experiences, and out of store experiences for customers in the Whole Foods Market app.
- Senior Designer at Aceable - Responsible for all brand and marketing design, user research, usability testing and one of two product designer for Aceable driver's ed and real estate education products.
- Senior Product Manager at Octane Lending - Responsible for product strategy and development of internal software for fraud prevention and credit underwriting. During my tenure at Octane, I led the integration of LexisNexis solution for Fraud and Identity Management, designed a solution and led development of a tool for creating and automating proprietary fraud prevention measures, and worked closely with the Chief Product Officer, business and sales teams in evolving our underwriting software to support in the underwriting of new asset classes.
- Founding Designer at Reach Progress PBC - Originally built during the 2018 primary campaign of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Reach is a software platform built to better enable organizers, activists, and progressive electoral campaigns in mobilizing people. In addition to any and all things design at Reach, I also work closely with the CEO in shaping our product strategy, and help our engineering team in front-end development or our web and native apps, written in React and React Native.
- Senior Product Designer at Pico designing and building tools for the next generation of creators.
- Currently Design Lead at Catch designing and building tools for freelancers and independent works.
Skills and Tools
Coding -- HTML | CSS/SCSS | JS | React JS | React Native | Vue JS
Research -- Dovetail | User journey mapping | storyboarding | user interviews | collaborative prototyping | card sorting